Upgrading Your Road Bike – An Illustrated Guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Too basic to be of any real use and potentially confusing, IMO. Some of the comments on rolling resistance are open to interpretation, for instance. A lot of the stuff you talk about there really isn't as straightforward as you are describing.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is the rolling resistance stuff for tyres correct? Pro cyclists seem to be using 25c tyres much more often these days and I'm sure it's not for comfort, it's for performance.

Typo on the orange panel at the foot of the guide: ''Out guide'' should read ''Our guide.''

Profpointy

Legendary Member
pretty good overall, even if the rolling resistance point might be a bit more involved in reality- good first approximation though. Particularly like the "upgrade when old one is knackered" theme - wise and ethical advice. So, thumbs up from me

contadino

Veteran
I have a policy of avoiding advice on how to spend my hard earned from people with vested interests. That's why forums like this, packed to the gills with impartial opinion and knowledge, are good.

I thought it was good especially when they nailed the 3 value for money upgrades, tyres, wheels and saddles. Entry level bikes are usually poor in all 3.

Top Bottom