Uran error in RR

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Hont, 6 Aug 2012.

?
  1. a laugh out loud piece of stupidity that would have embarrassed a schoolboy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. so blatant that he has to declare the Kazakh National Bank as his employer.

40.0%
  3. so last week.

40.0%
  4. Uran? Who? What? Isn't he on Cav's team?

20.0%
  1. Hont

Hont Veteran

Yeah I know this is late, but I was at the Olympics all last week with no internet (other than intermittent 3G).

Does everyone think that Uran's long look over the wrong shoulder and drifting offline was just an amateurish mistake or that Vino got his cheque-book out again?

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Both 'suggestions' seem valid, IMO.

To be that careless/nonchalent just short of the line with no threat from a third cyclist is either amateurish in the extreme, or accepting second best/sliver medal and a brown envelope shows no morals in selling out for spondoolies.

I saw the race (on't telly) with a few other CCers and we had that suspicion, too.

3. Noodley

Noodley Guest

feel free to contribute to the Olympic RR spoiler thread.

4. Jon Baines

Jon Baines Regular

Tbh if he was paid of then fair play, he was never going to beat Vino in a sprint anyway. That said i dont think he was paid of just kind of knew Silver was the best he could hope for

dellzeqq likes this.
  5. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Exactly, Uran got the best he could out of that situation - no-one would have predicted him getting silver before the race.

Boris Bajic likes this.
  6. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

Did we ? Oh yeah..... I may have been having a little nap then ! probably beer fatigue caught up with me.

Dayvo likes this.
  7. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

Pathetic conspiracy theory. Why would Uran want to lose if he could help it? It would add contract value for at least next year. No logic to suggest otherwise. He was never going to outsprint Vino anyway.

400bhp likes this.
  8. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

Great race. Vino and Uran were not on my (long) list of likely medal winners.

Well done to both for their cunning, opportunism, speed and guts.

I don't think it was a deliberate mistake or even much of a mistake at all.

Had Uran won, we'd be wondering about Vino.... Maybe. But he didn't.

For the neutral, that was a good race.

9. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Completely - endorsements etc would far outweigh any relative brown envelope.:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice