Uran error in RR

Looking the wrong way was...

• a laugh out loud piece of stupidity that would have embarrassed a schoolboy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
Yeah I know this is late, but I was at the Olympics all last week with no internet (other than intermittent 3G).

Does everyone think that Uran's long look over the wrong shoulder and drifting offline was just an amateurish mistake or that Vino got his cheque-book out again?

Both 'suggestions' seem valid, IMO.

To be that careless/nonchalent just short of the line with no threat from a third cyclist is either amateurish in the extreme, or accepting second best/sliver medal and a brown envelope shows no morals in selling out for spondoolies.

I saw the race (on't telly) with a few other CCers and we had that suspicion, too.

lukesdad

Both 'suggestions' seem valid, IMO.

To be that careless/nonchalent just short of the line with no threat from a third cyclist is either amateurish in the extreme, or accepting second best/sliver medal and a brown envelope shows no morals in selling out for spondoolies.

I saw the race (on't telly) with a few other CCers and we had that suspicion, too.

Did we ? Oh yeah..... I may have been having a little nap then ! probably beer fatigue caught up with me.

oldroadman

Veteran
Pathetic conspiracy theory. Why would Uran want to lose if he could help it? It would add contract value for at least next year. No logic to suggest otherwise. He was never going to outsprint Vino anyway.

Great race. Vino and Uran were not on my (long) list of likely medal winners.

Well done to both for their cunning, opportunism, speed and guts.

I don't think it was a deliberate mistake or even much of a mistake at all.

Had Uran won, we'd be wondering about Vino.... Maybe. But he didn't.

For the neutral, that was a good race.

400bhp

Guru
Pathetic conspiracy theory. Why would Uran want to lose if he could help it? It would add contract value for at least next year. No logic to suggest otherwise. He was never going to outsprint Vino anyway.

Completely - endorsements etc would far outweigh any relative brown envelope.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom