Urban Street Riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Could you not simply pray for enlightenment?
Say no more

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Some of us are out at work 11-12 hours a day and run a family and we find time. Really. :wacko:
yes....REALLY
:wacko:
12hr shifts here, alternating nights and days. With travel to/from work by car or bike it adds up to minimum of 14hrs which doesn't leave much time for meals with the kids and occasionally getting some sleep.
Still manage to squeeze in some time for getting out on the bike for some ME time.
You can if you want to.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

:wacko:
12hr shifts here, alternating nights and days. With travel to/from work by car or bike it adds up to minimum of 14hrs which doesn't leave much time for meals with the kids and occasionally getting some sleep.
Still manage to squeeze in some time for getting out on the bike for some ME time.
You can if you want to.
nope....No time at all...apart from sat afternoon and holidays

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Churches often have steps and railings. Maybe you could combine business with pleasure... ⛪ 🚲

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My oldest son is 17 and currently studying for his A levels. He got great GCSE results, has done DofE bronze and silver awards, Scouts, kayaking, fund raising for his school trip to Tanzania last summer. Fund raising for Scouts and his school. Various other extra curricular activities including 4x4/camping with me.
He has his own hobby, RC rock crawler cars, and works part time at our local supermarket (full time Saturdays and sometimes an afternoon in the week) to fund his hobby.
He still somehow finds time to go into the hills and old quarries searching for new rock crawler locations so he can arrange meets with his internet RC buddies and other times uses the trams & trains to go to meets they have arranged.
I think Monster Energy that you need to get off your ass and stop expecting to be spoonfed your lifestyle. Get out there and make it happen for yourself!

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

My oldest son is 17 and currently studying for his A levels. He got great GCSE results, has done DofE bronze and silver awards, Scouts, kayaking, fund raising for his school trip to Tanzania last summer. Fund raising for Scouts and his school. Various other extra curricular activities including 4x4/camping with me.
He has his own hobby, RC rock crawler cars, and works part time at our local supermarket (full time Saturdays and sometimes an afternoon in the week) to fund his hobby.
He still somehow finds time to go into the hills and old quarries searching for new rock crawler locations so he can arrange meets with his internet RC buddies and other times uses the trams & trains to go to meets they have arranged.
I think Monster Energy that you need to get off your ass and stop expecting to be spoonfed your lifestyle. Get out there and make it happen for yourself!
You don't know what us christian community do yeah. So stop being so rude, and respect that......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We are trying to make suggestions. You are of school/college age, don't have kids (hopefully) so you've got loads of time compared to the rest of us. If you wan't to give all your time to your 'activity' then don't expect us to go find other things out for you - life is about balance, and spending all your time around the 'church' isn't about balance. For a Christian, you aren't half snappy and abusive (said the Roman Catholic)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
You don't know what us christian community do yeah. So stop being so rude, and respect that......
You don't know anything about my religious upbringing or beliefs yeah. So stop being so rude and maybe try showing a little respect.

This conversation is beginning to remind be of a parable I once heard....

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.
Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.
Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.
Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

It seems like you are being offered lots of good help and advice on how to achieve what you want but you are refusing to accept this and will wait until someone comes and gives you want you want? Life doesn't work like that.

^^^^ wot he sed ^^^^^^ if you want something badly enough then I am afraid you are going to have to put some effort in yourself.
Honestly if you can't be bothered to make the effort now while young , then I don't fancy your chances in later life.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Get out on your bike and find stuff, that's what it's about.
:okay: I was out on my bike trying to finds stuff in the dark at 5am on Saturday morning. Couldn't sleep so got up at 4am and fettled my bike before riding along the canal and across the old derelict power station site at Heyrod (SPOOKY).
As it got light I found this...
1584372934395.png

And a couple of these....
1584373081898.png

1584373109688.png

Never know what you might find just wandering around aimlessly.

Top Bottom