Urban Street Riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Danny Macaskill very probably bitched on an internet forum at age 16 about not having any time to find places to do his sick hangers. He likely bothered people for detailed pictures, diagrams and maps of places he had no intention of going, parts he had no intention of changing, asked how to build stuff he had no intention of building, and then I reckon he attacked people for disrespecting him while not thanking them for the suggestions, pictures and maps that they'd offered.

Or he went out on his own and just rode all over his island, bouncing off rocks and other sundry items that he saw until he got really, really good at it, having a whale of a time.

One of the two anyway. There's probably a life lesson in there somewhere.

Drago

Legendary Member
:okay: I was out on my bike trying to finds stuff in the dark at 5am on Saturday morning. Couldn't sleep so got up at 4am and fettled my bike before riding along the canal and across the old derelict power station site at Heyrod (SPOOKY).
As it got light I found this...
View attachment 508658

And a couple of these....
View attachment 508659
View attachment 508660
Never know what you might find just wandering around aimlessly.
You discovered someone had leaned an old bicycle up against your helicopter?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I was jumping people on a Raleigh Chopper 45 years ago.

I was doing it on a frame my dad brought back from the dump. I restored it and we got more parts etc. We would put a ramp in the road then go hell for leather up the ramp, land on back wheel and repeat. Record was jumping over four mates from memory.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
yeah but nobody wanted to be the fourth one in line on the floor, and we all squashed together , so in reality was probably only same as jumping three, oh the fun we had with a few house bricks and a plank, kids today are missing out:okay:
You've just reminded me of the time my brother jumped 7 kids on his Grifter. Happy days ^_^

ahh the memories... we used to swap the handlebars for cowhorns
1589913523070.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This is all bringing back memories. Wooden planks and house bricks.... then going home and explaining how my wheels had 'just broken' again :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
I was doing it on a frame my dad brought back from the dump. I restored it and we got more parts etc. We would put a ramp in the road then go hell for leather up the ramp, land on back wheel and repeat. Record was jumping over four mates from memory.
I made the local papers with my failed, but extremely heroic, attempt to break the sound barrier one Raeligh Chopper.

https://themediocrecyclist.home.blog/2018/11/23/daredevil/

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I looked at Google Maps. Kirkliston looks like a small, largely residential town but you have Edinburgh 30 minutes ride away - that has got to be full of the sort of places you're after.
I was in Edinburgh with my wife for a few days/nights a couple of Christmases ago and all I kept thinking was 'wish I had my MTB with me' :blush:

Top Bottom