URL Links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

domtyler said:
Okay, you seem to be right, I could have sworn I had problems with using quote marks before but there you go!

p'raps another forum you use maybe? some need them, some need not to have them, some don't mind. not all BBcode implementations stick to the same standard.

Tetedelacourse

bonj said:
p'raps another forum you use maybe? some need them, some need not to have them, some don't mind. not all BBcode implementations stick to the same standard.

Interesting.

jonesy

Guru
bonj said:

Yes, I think the old C+ forum did require the quotes. I've also used earlier versions of VBulletin board, which IIRC did require quotes.

walker

domtyler said:
Firstly it is much easier than tinyurl!

You just have to wrap the word(s) you want to be your link with [_remove_url=[url="http://www.somewebsite.com]your"]www.somewebsite.com]your[/url] words[_remove_/url].

Obviously leave out the _remove_ bits.

check this

walker

domtyler said:
Firstly it is much easier than tinyurl!

You just have to wrap the word(s) you want to be your link with [_remove_url=[url="http://www.somewebsite.com]your"]www.somewebsite.com]your[/url] words[_remove_/url].

Obviously leave out the _remove_ bits.

check this

bianchi1

Guru
o yes

simonali

Guru
Why isn't the forum software set up to do it automatically like other places I go?

On similar forums to this that I do use, when you click on that little planet and chain icon, you can paste the link, which is then posted with a highlighted part that you can then just type over with the words of your choice. Tis easy peasy.

edit: this works if you turn off the WYSIWYG option in "Message Editor Interface" in your account and just use the standard interface. Makes everything nice and easy.

Top Bottom