Uruguay v Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What does Van Bommel have to do in a challenge to get a booking... maim someone ? He got away with GBH in the Brazil game, and similarly last night. I know he got a yellow card right at the death for kicking the ball away when he thought the game was over... Is he Blatter's secret love child ?

OP
OP
U

User169

meenaghman said:
What does Van Bommel have to do in a challenge to get a booking... maim someone ? He got away with GBH in the Brazil game, and similarly last night. I know he got a yellow card right at the death for kicking the ball away when he thought the game was over... Is he Blatter's secret love child ?

At Bayern's stadium, the doors used by those sent off to get to the dressing rooms are known as "Van Bommel doors".

OP
OP
U

User169

Good fun in Amsterdam last night. Decided against Museumplein - 60,000 turned up apparently - so watched in a pub next to the Amstel. Good atmosphere, although a bit of confusion at the when we all thought it had finished and it seemingly hadn't. I left before they all started chucking themselves in the river and somehow managed to negotiate the metro, three trains and a bike ride home, although I can't recall very much of it.

The Dutch are pleased that the team's throught to the final, but not especially happy with the style of play.

Top Bottom