USA v Slovenia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
darkstar said:
Yeh you see that logic misses out changing form, a side can play well one week, and look poor the next. Using that logic you can say, USA beat Spain in the confederations cup semi final, we drew with USA last week, which means we must be better than Spain as well!:laugh:

I am not sure he is meaning it that literally, i agree with him, it is fair to apply a certain amount of this logic over periods of days in a tournament.

It has been good to see some of these mediocre teams mixing it up with the big boys though! its much more level in the tournament, not great for us/England, but as for the tournament nothing is certain for many favourites and its a great thing in my mind!

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
don't we want a draw, to make it easier for england to go through?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wigsie said:
I am not sure he is meaning it that literally, i agree with him, it is fair to apply a certain amount of this logic over periods of days in a tournament.

It has been good to see some of these mediocre teams mixing it up with the big boys though! its much more level in the tournament, not great for us/England, but as for the tournament nothing is certain for many favourites and its a great thing in my mind!

That's what makes the World Cup so much fun, and why it's different than the Premier League etc. :laugh:

darkstar

Flying_Monkey said:
Err, no - that's why I said, they would have to raise their game - i.e. I think that this is possible. The thing is that there are many factors at play here - sides can go into a kind of collective depression (France), they can recover and play to the best of their ability (Slovenia), they can collapse (Germany) they can carry on being mediocre, and more.

Is it worth replying to this bollocks? :laugh:
I just think it's ridiculous that people are predicting a sides tournaments success on the opening game! Lets wait and see how England do today, if they struggle, then yes, we can be critical. Last weeks match was an odd occasion, that early goal was bad for England. As it is for man sides, it changes the mindset to sit back. That was a mistake. This USA-Slovenia game is a decent match, but Slovenia really haven't been very good.

And nope, not worth replying at all, I tried to think of the most ridiculous example possible :rain:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It doesn't do to read too much into one game but there may only be 3 games for many teams!

Anyone remember the name of the so-called teenage wunderkind from the US who Man Utd (I think) gave a trial to?

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
GOOOAAAAALLLL

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
at least all the ref's seem to have been consistently awful, rather then just a few.... Or so it would seem from the matches i have seen

Top Bottom