Use of CX bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
didn't you just answer your own question there..?​

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Can't see any reason why that would be a problem. Change of tyres, off you go. You could check the rulebook- but I can't imagine there would be a problem- a 'cross bike isn't that dissimilar from a road bike.

Can't see any reason why that would be a problem. Change of tyres, off you go. You could check the rulebook- but I can't imagine there would be a problem- a 'cross bike isn't that dissimilar from a road bike.

exactly - unless there is a specific rule preventing the use of cantilever (or even disk) brakes in duathlon, then any rule prohibiting the use of a CX bike would be nonsensical.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It would seem unlikely that any organizer would- if there were such a rule- apply it to a local duathlon. If unsure then confirm with the organizer beforehand but I would be very surprised if you ever have an issue.

fimm

Veteran
Good question. Off road.
Ahhh that makes more sense. I was about to post that a duathlon will be the same as a (shorter) tri - you'll get everything from TT bikes with all the bling to shopping bikes with baskets on the front...
I can't help with off-road events, though.

Ahhh that makes more sense. I was about to post that a duathlon will be the same as a (shorter) tri - you'll get everything from TT bikes with all the bling to shopping bikes with baskets on the front...
I can't help with off-road events, though.

Erm... with a strapped up arm??

This was at Holmfirth earlier in the year
http://www.flamingphotography.co.uk/1st-summer-tri-120304

I have seen 'shopping bikes' used!!

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

Thought so. I was looking at the rules of one near me. They stated the the only bikes you could use were hard tail or full sus MTBs. No rigid MTBs, hybrids or crossers.

EDIT: Same it seems for the popular Human Life races: http://www.humanrace.co.uk/events/duathlon/wildman

thanks Loosing Focus, that's one of the series I had considered doing, obviously off the list now, as I M NOT HAVING 3 BIKES! :laugh:

Top Bottom