Used car advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Please be aware of any potential due belt changes.....can vary from an hour on a 206 to a lifetime on a ferrari
Another good reason to get a Corolla 1600 petrol. Chain driven cams. Some of the smaller engines used in the Yaris may be the same, I don't know off the top of my head.

green1

Über Member
Please be aware of any potential due belt changes.....can vary from an hour on a 206 to a lifetime on a ferrari
I went into a garage to get a quote for a service as it's winter and I couldn't be arsed doing it myself on the drive and was told first thing they'd check was the timing belt. Told them if they found one I'd give them a million quid as my car doesn't have one.

Brandane

Legendary Member
3 cylinder units should be chain but as said before yet to hear one that doesn't sound like it's well "running on 3 cylinders" :rolleyes:
Once had a 2003 VW Polo 1200cc as a driving school car. It was 3 cylinders and TBH wasn't too bad. But yes, you could tell it wasn't quite as smooth as a 4 cylinder.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
K11 Micra's are bullet proof but rust. I would guess that the last shape Almera would be a good buy as these are very cheap and do not have Renault influence of later Nissan's, both K11 Micra and the Almera have chain driven cam's. I can vouch for the Mk 1 Focus 1.6 been a very relaible motor as I have one, mine's an auto though and is £260 a year to tax which isn't great.

OP
OP
inkd

inkd

Many thanks for the replys, Just a quick update. I have just put a deposit on a 54 plate 1.2 Vauxhall corsa. My mechanic (2 doors down)knows the car and local dealer as he done the work on it for the MOT. It`s in immaculate condition, 72000 on the clock,3 door in peppermint green. Bit of an odd colour but Mrs loves it. I did tell her that I could get a matching colour bike (Bianchi) but she does`nt understand the N+1. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom