Used mtb under £150

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well he said cassette, chain and headset are "pretty much new" and also he said the forks are "very rare" ?
Sounds good but I shouldn't value "very rare" much unless you're going to take them to the Antiques Roadshow, more important they actually work.

vickster

Legendary Member
This is basically all the sellers have listed is what the bike is and the frame size they're cheap bikes I doubt the Sellers even know the specs.

Ok thanks guys giving me some food for thought I'll have a search for the older rigid style frame
That would just make me suspicious....as those bikes aren't that old

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Right turns out the Marin wasn't all that it needed a new rear wheel too so I'm going to pass that one up

I'm looking at the felt one in a minute is had a new cassette and is only 120
it's a felt q520

vickster

Legendary Member
Right turns out the Marin wasn't all that it needed a new rear wheel too so I'm going to pass that one up

I'm looking at the felt one in a minute is had a new cassette and is only 120
it's a felt q520
Ask the seller if he can give you a copy of the receipt

Looks like was a sub £500 bike about 7 years ago. I wouldn't say a £20 new cassette is major maintenance. Check it had a new chain at the same time!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The chance of the seller having a receipt I should think is pretty slim but if it has some sort of ID number stamped somewhere you can perhaps check it against a local stolen bikes data base.

Top Bottom