useful website for weight improvers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

I hope you are NOT taking serious notice of the 'Quick personal assessment'.

Like a lot of on-line weight watching sites, it doesn't mention Fat % at all.

I've just banged in my stats. It told me I was overweight - Bollocks!

https://www.physique.co.uk/dolc_product.asp?PCId=357

Buy these and throw your bathroom scales away. :tongue:

jimboalee

No, don't throw your scales away. They show any day-to-day gains or losses when riding multiday tours and expeditions.

The beauty of skinfold calipers is they tell you your fat % regardless of how muscular you are.

I am 5'9", 13 1/2 stone and 17 % fat +/- 0.25 %. That's pretty damned good for a 50 year old.
As has been said on another thread about weight loss, there comes a time in a cyclist's life when the leg fit of a pair of trousers becomes tight for the desired waistband.

You and I, cyclists, are not the average person; not even the average athlete. We develop our bums and leg muscles to a greater extent than runners or swimmers.

The BMI charts and on-line weight management sites DO NOT apply to us.

I have skinfold calipers. I also have Bioimpedence scales, but the readout from these is grossly effected by hydration levels, and a consistant, repeatable result cannot be obtained if I am cycling various distances and durations.
Don't bother with Bioimpedence scales.

After a while and some experience, a simple pinch of the suprailiac fold will give you an idea of where you are.
Remember the old "pinch more than an inch" Kellogs catchphrase?
That's all there is to it.

OP
OP
W

Willow

To be honest I didn't read it in depth just thought it was useful for calorie counts as it was free unlike most other websites. However my initial plan is to cut the eating between meals and be a bit more positive about succeeding rather than talking myself into failure.

MePower

Hi Willow, eating between meals isnt the problem, its what and how much you eat in between. Why do some skinny people always seem to be eating all the time? A friend of mine eats non stop, but bikes a lot too. He reckons that peoples metabolisms are all skew wif these days. He likens it to a fire. If you dont fuel it, it goes out. If you feed it too much, you can choke it up and it goes out. Little and often, it keeps going. Fruit or any low fat/carb snack will do you more good between meals than nothing. Or so the theory goes.....

Top Bottom