Useless subscriptions department at Cycling Plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Anyone else here had problems with 'My Favourite Magazines' the future publishing official site?

I got a discounted 2 year subscription taken out at the end of October - it then occurred to me last week (after a very busy Christmas/NY!) that I hadn't received one, the rest goes like this:

I email the contact given on my confirmation email (no phone number!)

Reply (next day) says "your subscription will commence with march issue" - no apology, nothing acknowledging the mistake and they've managed to magic up a completely different address to the one on my first email confirmation.

I reply saying that "I presume that you will be sending through the back issues you've missed as a result of your mistake?"

No reply for several days, so I send another "thanks for not replying to my earlier email, the address is not correct but regardless please refund my subscription payment"

I finally get a reply with a small hint of an apology, no mention at all of the issues I've missed as a 'please allow 14 days for your card to be credited'

WTF are these people on? I'm in two minds now as to whether to not bother buying another issue or to get the local newsagent to get it in for me.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I found them very helpful. The free gift I was expecting was temporarily out of stock and they wrote to tell me. A few days later it arrived!

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
OK, hows about this for service?! Rob Spedding (C+ editor) saw this thread and contacted me for details, it was passed on to their customer service/retention manager who has asked for the emails so that he can see what improvements need to be made and also offered a 10% discount on the subscription price. So despite the negative experience initially, there's a great deal of effort made to make up for it.

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
I had to go via the website from a link in a renewal email - no phone numbers to be found anywhere, and no magazines for two months with a number on the packing slip! ;)

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
Paul,

I'm afraid their link took me elsewhere to a cycling plus specific area which had no phone number so I just assumed it was email only.

Top Bottom