Using a torch as a front light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

curiously, unless i've missed it, that light, even though it says it's StVZO doesn't have any LUX quoted, just the dreaded LUMENS.

Lidl's usually do I think - don't have great cachet for a christmas present perhaps but they are good.

and cheap, though getting less good value with every release as they jump on the supposed upgrade bandwagon.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I don't know what the StVZO standard says about brightness.

The two I have could best be described as 'adequate'.

There are plenty brighter lights, but I tend to go a bit steadier in the dark.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks all those who answered. Food for thought and too many choices for my small brain.
What's delivery like from China? This Christmas or next!

Thanks all those who answered. Food for thought and too many choices for my small brain.
What's delivery like from China? This Christmas or next!
delivery from china is as fast/slowish as ever in my experience - allow a few weeks.
However I wouldn't buy a primary light front or back from china.

wajc

Veteran
I don't know what the StVZO standard says about brightness.

The two I have could best be described as 'adequate'.

There are plenty brighter lights, but I tend to go a bit steadier in the dark.

Busch and Muller are one of the premium brands supplying SVTZO compliant lights. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can select a range of LUX levels from 10 up to 150. At each level it will indicate which Busch and Muller light has this as a maximum output and the photo will change accordingly. As you go up the scale I think you'll find them more than 'adequate'.

Busch and Muller

These are another step up (in price as well) but you also get a bluetooth remote switchable high beam to play with.:hyper:

Lupine

Top Bottom