Using lights in daytime (and rear light mod.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Worse, they're anti-social because the obvious losers are walkers and animals who don't generally carry lights. It's a race to the bottom: it gives users an advantage at the expense of others.

You could say the same about car chassis, airbags seatbelts etc giving an advantage and a sense more of devil may care for vehicle occupants over cyclists & other vulnerable road users.
Or being in 42 tons of truck means that it is always your right of way at a pinch point etc if you're so inclined.
Nature of the beast unfortunately and TBH if I can (have???) to do something to make myself less like the common herd and potentially more visible then tough on the rest, my altruism to my fellow vulnerable doesn't stretch quite as far as what I believe is in my self interest as a vulnerable.

I cut your comment on hi viz but agree totally: hedged roads, autumnal colours, other road users who are colour blind (esp red/green) will see HV rendered pretty well useless.

I'm a flashing lights on day and night, the problem this time of year is the low sun so i wouldn't chance nothing on even if the driver sees you at the last minute rather than not seeing at all

Top Bottom