Using my phone in the car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
When I'm driving, is there a way for my phone to reject calls with a message something like "I can't answer your call because I'm driving - leave a message"?

OldShep

Über Member
What is your phone?
iphone you just activate "I am driving"

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think my wife's does it automatically by some sort of weird magic. iPhone SE. Sends the caller or texter a message to say she's driving and alerts her when she's stopped. I presume it must use GPS to detect driving because I'm sure she doesn't do anything to switch it on or off.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My Android Xperia has a 'Driving Mode'.
Search settings for it. You can switch off calls and have messages read out if you wish.

If yours is a fruit based phone, I have no idea.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think my wife's does it automatically by some sort of weird magic. iPhone SE. Sends the caller or texter a message to say she's driving and alerts her when she's stopped. I presume it must use GPS to detect driving because I'm sure she doesn't do anything to switch it on or off.
Here's the message so I guess Focus must be the name of the feature/app:

winjim

Smash the cistern
The issue with switching it off or just letting it ring is that you might want people to know why you're not answering. For example if I message my wife to come pick me and the kids up, if I get the driving message I know she's on her way, or if it's something important I know she'll get it when she stops and I don't have to carry on calling.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Incredibly sad that people 'have to have their phone on at all costs. Gone are the days where if you didn't hear from anyone for a few days you thought nothing of it. Now if you don't get a reply in five minutes anxiety kicks in. Personally I have my volume off from new and it is on airplane mode unless I want to use it. I heard someone say the other day that they couldn't live without their phone. Absurd.

Top Bottom