Usual incompatibility question...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

So, consider the following components:

Shimano 9 spd sti shifter, (possibly tiagra flightdeck, although it dosent say on it..)

Shimano 10S or 105 rear deraileur (not sure what it's actuall called, stupid shimano font... grr)

Sram 9 speed road casette.

when the deraileur is in the largest ring position, it guides the chain onto the 2nd sprocket... no good.

when the deraileur is in the smallest sprocket position, it guides the chain onto the 8th sprocket... still no good....

obvously indexing is impossible - trying to get a 9 speed shifter to work with what is effectively a 7 speed casette is a no-go...

I've bought a Shimano ultegra deraileur arriving weds, and if that dosent work, i'll buy a shimano casette...

just wanted idea out of you (helpful informative) people really...

PpPete

Legendary Member
Sounds like the limit screws might need adjusting to allow the mech enough motion to push the chain all the way to the 1st & 9th sprocket?

Possibly a tweak to the cable tension to get it into the biggest sprocket.

mickle

innit
No reason why it shouldn't all work.

If it doesn't say flight deck it aint flightdeck.

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

It's not the limit screws- they can be removed completely and it Still wont travel fully. Still flummoxed... Only guess is that the cones need adjusting to shift the casette further from the deraileur mounted axle, and that there is a piece of somthing lodged in mech, which is what's stopping it moving onto the big ring....

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

Oh and the reason it dosent say flightdeck is that I took the caps off and re-sprayed them- this is supposed to be my cheapo less-100-quid-bike. I'm pretty sure it did say flightdeck at one point.... Sorry, my bad, should have mentioned that.

Top Bottom