V brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I installed mini V brakes on my Holdsworth build so I could use standard road levers, but I think I would like to install full size v brakes on it and swap to some Tektro RL520.

Spa have a good price on the levers, but wondering if anyone has a marine front and rear set of decent v brakes. Not bothered about colour just that they are in good mechanical condition.

Will need postage unless in Manchester / North Cheshire.

Thanks

Chislenko

Veteran
I have some V brakes complete with pipes and boots but not sure what "Marine" means. I am in West Cheshire. The blocks are worn out so would need replacing.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I have some V brakes complete with pipes and boots but not sure what "Marine" means. I am in West Cheshire. The blocks are worn out so would need replacing.
It was supposed to say matching 😊

Do you have any pictures / model numbers?

Thanks

All uphill

Still rolling along
I have had cheapie "Promax" v-brakes with Tektro drop bar levers on my old steel Marin for a couple of years.

With good quality pads, decent cables and clean rims they are progressive and powerful; not far off the TRP cable discs on my other bikes.

From memory they cost about £25 new.

Chislenko

Veteran
They are Shimano Deore full 110mm.

Excuse photos, photography is not my biggest skill!!

£10 plus postage if you want them or am located at end of M56 north of Chester if you are down this way

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_083313387.jpg
    IMG_20220101_083313387.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220101_083251029.jpg
    IMG_20220101_083251029.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom