Vaccination vs anti-vaccination.

Vac or anti-vac?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The posts speak for themselves, as do yours.....

Now do the Fatwa issued support women's cycling in the Muslim community or hamper its promotion?

Again ... posted on another thread:
You claimed there was a single view on women cycling in Islam. When you were pulled for making such a completely absurd claim you then qualified it.

You've been spinning and lying about it ever since..

As before .... read ALL the posts and make up your own minds

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
MMR is safe. It has been used routinely in other countries for nearly 50 years - countries like New Zealand (where it was known as 'Triple Vac'), which has one of the most advanced pharmacovigilance programmes in the world. If there was a significant risk then it would have come to light by now. It hasn't.

Anti-vaccers are frothing loons of the worst type. Selfish, ignorant people who put their children, and other people's children, at risk.

Are you thinking of the triple antigen? That was diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus.

I remember asking my mum about whooping cough. She explained it wasn't to protect me, but little babies who died from it were too young to be vaccinated. I'm am proud she was giving me a vaccine to contribute to herd immunity and care for other members of our community.

You're right. Triple Vac was DTP. MMR was introduced in 1972...

StuartG

slower but further
I don't want to be rude but what worries me most is your need to ask the question. You shouldn't need quackwatch sites to 'disprove'. Just read what it says with a questioning mind. What is the proposition? What is the evidence? Does the evidence match the proposition? Is the writer unbiased? Does the writer critique her own work? Is it an opinion piece or published/peer reviewed science?

The answers should tell you the answer. If not, I doubt anything else will.

One of the difficulties quoted by the only Muslim ladies cycling club (Cycle Fit at the Jagonari centre in Whitechapel road) in in the UK is the disapproval of the women cycling by the community
It wasn't that long ago that good upstanding Christian men were appalled by rational dress. My cycling club banned women for the first 85 years of its existence. No one has a monopoly on misogyny. It just we have to re-fight some of the battles we thought we had already won and remember how it was done. And be careful of appearing too self-righteous.

albion

Guru
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/31/us/vaccine-critics-turn-defensive-over-measles.html

Outbreaks from the once measles free US are getting so bad they are now having to temporarily ban non vaccinated children from school.
I also saw advice is also to avoid visiting Disneyland with younger children. Disneyland is California where vaccination is not 'alternative' cool.
And listening to an interview on (I think Radio 4) with a Californian, the interviewee was suspiciously busy trying to sell her healing therapies (Crystal rock no doubt)

What I also find interesting is that we often report 'superstition' as a problem elsewhere but do not use the word to refer to the supposed educated west.
In fact maybe the vote could arguably be 'superstition is nuts', 'superstitions matter'.

Top Bottom