Vale Velo...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm trying to sign up a couple of lads at work to do this.
It'll be the first sportive for all of us, so probably 'just' the 51 mile option this time. Any tips on what we should expect?

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:laugh: not done this one before but will be my 3rd sportive.....as long as you get the miles in and don't blast off too fast at start...take fluid on and food then the last few miles may hurt^_^ well did on my last one!....then am sure you will be ok:okay:....^_^

chappers1983

I'm also doing the 75 mile route (am able to tie it in with taking the wife to see some friends, so have got a free pass for it!). Don't know the area at all, but course looks OK so looking forward to it.

@NorthernDave you'll enjoy it! I know some people turn their noses up at these Sportives, but I thoroughly enjoy all of them as they are very well organised. My only tip would be to start early, as some of these rides can get quite popular and if its busy it can be a bit mental (last years New Forest Spring was an example). Start early and you should get a nice quiet ride where you don't have to worry about catching slower riders every two seconds

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
There are definitely two of us doing the 51 mile course now, plus probably a third who is thinking of doing on his MTB fitted with road tyres (it's a 29er)...any thoughts?
He's been offered the use of a 'spare' Carrera road bike for the day, but seems set on using his own bike.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
There are definitely two of us doing the 51 mile course now, plus probably a third who is thinking of doing on his MTB fitted with road tyres (it's a 29er)...any thoughts?
He's been offered the use of a 'spare' Carrera road bike for the day, but seems set on using his own bike.
I'd use the slicked up mtb over someone else's bike.

Shooter999

Anyone got alink to this, what part of the world is it in?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Top Bottom