Vale Velo...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:notworthy: go for it!!:bicycle:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just downloaded the new, shortened route (email today) and Garmin only has the 'short' route as 49.2 miles, not the (reduced) 50!
That means that I'm going to have to deliberately take a wrong turn at some point in order to get a half century in...:rolleyes:

Mind you, one of the lads I'm cycling it with is most impressed that they've shaved a mile or two off the route, and wonders if they'd like to do it some more ;)

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:okay: yep new route uploaded for standard route....now showing 73.2 miles not 75:laugh:.......:bicycle:

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:wacko: all done and dusted.......was a tad damp but got round the medium rout in 4hrs 42mins:okay::bicycle:

nice route and well signed...hope everyone who did it got round ok:cheers:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
What a good do!

A slightly slower than anticipated 4 hrs 4m for the short route, due to one of our group not being match fit. That said we had fun and got everyone round, even if we were all moderately moist by the end...

The only let down was the feed stop at Burythorpe - one solitary toilet and the actual feed station in a field 200m from the road up a muddy, rutted and narrow track.

But all in all, a good day out. :okay:

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:thumbsup: Well done! was slightly damp:laugh:

Passed a group towards the end at the top of a climb.....they had all stopped at the top and one chap in black was hanging over front bars looking totally wasted:wacko:

Was a good ride...legs feeling it a it now and might suffer on the club ride tomorrow:bicycle::laugh::laugh:

What a miserable day. Cold, windy (enough to care about) and rain. It didn't stop until about 1 hour before I finished. I "had to" hang back with my mate who wanted to give up from about 10 miles in, definitely at the first split (we did the Epic) for the short route and definitely definitely for the last 45 miles. Poor guy had a cold and just wasn't feeling it. So we did about 8mph for the last lots of miles -7 or so, which he got a bit of a second wind on.
No way was I gonna leave him though.

Didn't really care about average speed/time... but it was a little bit faster (20 mins) (even going so slow for nearly half of it) than my last 100 miles effort, did just over 99 on this one. And it felt so much easier.

Would be a nice ride/route probably if not for the weather.

Top Bottom