Valve Punctures?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWiggy

Über Member
Not sure what's going on but over the last couple of weeks I've had 2 valve punctures. One was after a 65 mile ride, I was cleaning the bike and front tube went with a slow hiss while I was cleaning the rear wheel, then this morning I got the bike out of the shed and the front was flat again :blink:, inflated it and the same puncture (Around the valve base)

They were the multi pack lifeline tubes from Wiggle? Maybe they were a couple of duffs???

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Have you checked the valve hole in the rim...?

OP
OP
DWiggy

DWiggy

Über Member
@HLaB I've not pumped them up for a few days? Plus the track pump doesn't put any stress on the valve?
Will strip the wheel tonight and double check the valve hole, it seemed okay this morning but was in a rush to get going!

chriss2.0

is your wheel double or single walled? i heard of a problem, that if they somehow get misaligned it can cause valve probs. (stress)

sometimes even if you fully pump the inner-tube, the valve stem is not fully out, and as you can imagine that can cause probs

sharp valve hole?

fit too tight?

tube alignment?

(no insult to your skill level intended)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'd go along with Herzog and Chris 2.0, check that valve hole in the rim. I've seen valves separate from the rest of the tube when they were quite old, but not when new.

Top Bottom