Van der Valk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I seem to remember the Professionals’ cars being supplied by British Leyland in the first series. One of the boys had a Triumph Dolomite Sprint, did the other have an MG or something like that (not a TR7 surely ?), and I think Cowley had a Rover SD1. I stand to be corrected.
I can't believe they didn't choose the Allegro - a nice blanched turd colour with beige interior would have been perfect

I think my attention there must have been on Daisy :wub:
You weren’t alone :smile:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I seem to remember the Professionals’ cars being supplied by British Leyland in the first series. One of the boys had a Triumph Dolomite Sprint, did the other have an MG or something like that (not a TR7 surely ?), and I think Cowley had a Rover SD1. I stand to be corrected.
You are correct.

The problem was that they kept breaking down...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
All old series are always best the first time round. 20 30 40 years later they are all truly dreadful and embarrassing to watch as they are so outdated and the acting is so bad. Not to mention the clothes they wear and their attitudes to various things they had would not be tolerated today.

Van Der Valk is no different. Things are in the past for a reason. :okay:
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. :rolleyes:

Dec66

I can't believe they didn't choose the Allegro - a nice blanched turd colour with beige interior would have been perfect
Would have been great to watch them wrestling with quartic steering wheels... Round the first high speed corner, the car leans, out pops the rear screen... Then round the next one, the rear wheel bearing shred themselves and the wheels fly off the hubs... Baddies smile and wave goodbye from the rear window of their Mercedes ^_^

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just what the coolest Dutch policeman needed to chase criminals.The Daf 55.
1593437158570.png

Mike_P

Guru
Around 00:45 looks like there is at least one more, could the DAF have been a standard Dutch police car (plain clothes). On the issue of the Allegro AG2Rs cycling kit would have been highly popular back then:laugh:

Dec66

Around 00:45 looks like there is at least one more, could the DAF have been a standard Dutch police car (plain clothes). On the issue of the Allegro AG2Rs cycling kit would have been highly popular back then:laugh:
There were a lot of Dafs in Holland. Daf mad, they were. Daf-t, if you will.

Top Bottom