Van der Valk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
And on TOTPs introduced by Noel Edmonds!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvesdlGe-EI

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
I watched this last night and it wasn't too dated. About the only thing that set it apart from modern dramas were the indoor scenes that had obviously been filmed on stage sets.

The most amusing part was Van der Valk trying to screech around corners Sweeney style - in a DAF!

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
The Barry Foster ones were made over a long period, wiki indicates 6 in 1972, 7 in 1973, 12 in 1977, and 3 each in 1991 and 1992. The actor sadly died aged 69 in 2002.

Watched yesterday’s episode, the best bit was the introductory titles, that wonderful music and lots of street scenes of Amsterdam as a car focussed city before it remodelled itself. I was a bit underwhelmed by the rest of it, much preferred the modern remake.
And another vote here for The Professionals, pure class :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
NHK 295 M

And I didn't have to look it up.
NHK295M Ford Consul Granada GT, 1974
Body4 Door Saloon
CC2994
FuelPetrol
ColourBronze

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
That is another change cyclists have had to face in the intervening period as that was one of the largest cars on the road then, yet it was 10cm narrower than a Ford Focus.
Good point, that. People would talk about the "gargantuan" Jaguar Mk. 10, but that was only three inches wider than a Focus.

I seem to remember the Professionals’ cars being supplied by British Leyland in the first series. One of the boys had a Triumph Dolomite Sprint, did the other have an MG or something like that (not a TR7 surely ?), and I think Cowley had a Rover SD1. I stand to be corrected.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I seem to recall getting a glimps of a TR7 in the early episodes too. Was there also an RS2000 at one point for Mr Doyle? If you ever catch any of those old programmes on Dave you soon realise that they were indeed pants but, as I was a young teenager it was the cool cars that caught my attention more than the story line. The ultimate in crap though had to be The Dukes of Hazzard. The car chases were the same every week so I think my attention there must have been on Daisy :wub:

Top Bottom