Van der Valk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Ever read the Van de Valk books?

I still enjoy them, Nicholas Freeling was an interesting author, and (I think) is worth reading.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Van de Valk was weird... supposedly all Dutch characters, yet not a single one of the actors attempted a Dutch accent.
That made it better, to be honesht, otherwishe they'd all shound like shexy Schteve McLaren...

I remember reading an interview with Barry Foster a very long time ago (in my mum's "Weekend" magazine, which shows how long ago it was), in which he said he'd been given a few clumps in an Amsterdam night club by a bouncer, because he was British and the bouncer, in his own words, "hated the British".

I reckon Barry had tried to do the accshent, myshelf 😂

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
All old series are always best the first time round. 20 30 40 years later they are all truly dreadful and embarrassing to watch as they are so outdated and the acting is so bad. Not to mention the clothes they wear and their attitudes to various things they had would not be tolerated today.

Van Der Valk is no different. Things are in the past for a reason. :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
All old series are always best the first time round. 20 30 40 years later they are all truly dreadful and embarrassing to watch as they are so outdated and the acting is so bad. Not to mention the clothes they wear and their attitudes to various things they had would not be tolerated today.

Why do they show so many repeats then!

Saw some VDV, thought it was cool.
Not so with a couple of spin offs aired recently... You Rang M'Lord and Green Green Grass good grief, what a disaster.

stephec

Legendary Member

Apart from The Professionals and The Sweeney, they are both still top class. :smile:

Venod

Eh up
I am haunted by a TV programme about Morcambe Bay, one line I remember was a character saying "my marinas no joke" I remember little else (she's not a character)

Last edited:

NickWi

Guru
I did watch them and the rough format was taken from 'Vera', similar team make up, office/crime board and scenes of crime pathologist. They weren't bad, but I wouldn't exactly call them gripping stuff and the story lines a little far fetched.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
No. They are not. They are dire.:laugh:
Oi Shutt itt!

1593181805815.png

Top Bottom