Van goes for altitude record on A11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I meant the van driver deserved better injuries for his tw@tish driving. It was obvious from the wind noise that the cameraperson was on a motorbike and was nearly wiped out by the undertaking van. If I'd been the biker I'd have only stopped to ensure the driver was bleeding profusely before carrying on, even if that meant doing it myself!

I was replying to @Phaeton's comment beneath yours, @simonali. I didn't realise that the cameraman/woman was on a motorbike (no sound at work). I agree that must have been a brown pants moment and I wouldn't have been very well disposed to the van driver.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Maybe it wasn't there the last time the van driver went that way :laugh:
I think the roundabout was there before it was dualled.

You can tell from the bare poles and missing «« chevron signs beside the ←arrow that it's not that unusual for people to fark those roundabouts up and drive into the middle. I've not see anyone get so airborne on one before, though. Hooray for dashcams!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I thought that at first but to be fair to the driver with the dashcam, he was in lane 2 and going at a fair lick and he would have been in shock. I should think the ones that stopped would be several cars behind.
I couldn't give a flying one about dangerous idiots like that. It would probably be a blessing for those who drive on the same roads as him if he copped the big one.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 5380287, member: 9609"]it was certainly a good effort -I'll give him 9 out of 10,
it would have needed to have turned into a giant fireball mid air for a 10/10 american movie special though[/QUOTE]
Yes, but he only wanted to go straight over the roundabout....

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I couldn't give a flying one about dangerous idiots like that. It would probably be a blessing for those who drive on the same roads as him if he copped the big one.

We've all done stupid things that we regret (although probably not as stupid as the driver in the video). But I would never regard it as a "blessing" were the driver to have died.

Top Bottom