Van Van or Grom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Ok continuing my 53 year old madness, I don't want to use my scooters to commute any longer (don't ask) so I am needing a motorbike. I have had a lot of big bikes in my time and am NOT interested in another, I only do a 7 mile (each way) commute and my life is so busy I don't have the spare time for leisure riding them, as I am cycling in that time.

Having only ridden old Vespas recently it's got to be cool. So I am thinking of a Van-Van, one of which I hired & tootled happily around Andalucia last month or a Honda Grom, er, which I only found out about yesterday but which looks f.u.n.

Amy experience of either, any suggestions?

Van Van
green-vanvan-500x375.jpg

Grom

021816-2016-honda-grom-msx125-vs-2014-animated.gif

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Van Van gets my vote .... Even though the chain's on the wrong side ....

Noru

I did my CBT on a Van Van, it was a great fun little bike so I'd get one of them.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Both are a bit naff for a commuter..but the van will be better for winter and a drop..
the other thing will be fragile and pricy to fix...' tho it is a Honda'

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Bicycle-bicycle for 7 miles imo :biggrin:

Of course I cycle there, but it's like a TDF stage, a l.o.n.g downhill (miles), a bit of flat, then a seriously l.o.n.g ascent (miles), it's what pro's would use for a training ride. ^_^ Summer or winter I end up a sweaty mess, add on that if I am in some depts I may walk 8-10 miles in my shift, then sometimes I don't even want to cycle home and can hardly do so anyway.

I've decided on the Van Van, the Grom is a modern day kids Monkey Bike. I want one but am too old & will look silly. Plenty of upgrades for Van Van's.:okay:

tumblr_nnmqv3P0lX1s89p1co1_500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Shaun

Founder
The Grom looks like something The Terminator would ride around on ... lots of actue angles, versus the smooth roundness of the Van Van. Torn. Definitely look a lot meatier than the 125's of my youth though. ^_^

The fat and wide tyres on the Van look like they might be more useful in the winter months though?

D

Deleted member 26715

Motorbike, Japanese, there is no other logical alternative

U

User19783

I am in swindon ATM, just spotted this,
It's a lot of money for a 02 plate with 12.000is on the clock,
£1795.
IMAG0563.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

Is it Japanese, No, do you want it No, move on nothing to see here