Vango spirit 200+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Muddfox.

Actually I was worrying too much (I think I'm used to cheaper tents with thicker material where repacking could be a bit of a struggle) and everything went back in the bag with inner and outer attached with surprising ease.

I followed the advice to undo the zips to let air escape but being a bit uncomfortable about bending them too much in packing (yes I know they are not your average trouser zip) or having them snag on something, next time I'll see how it goes with the inner and outer doors zipped up.

Another question. I am puzzled or maybe being very stupid. The four black straps at the corners have plastic buckles on them and there's a spare loop of strap which makes it seem that they can be used to tension the tent after their fixing pegs have been put in the ground. But if you try to draw the spare strap/loop through this buckle, it doesn't seem to grip. So what's the buckle and spare strap for?

At the moment if I see that the tent could do with a bit more tension after initially erecting it, I take some or all of the four corner pegs out and put them back in further out.

Still very pleased with the tent - looking forward to using it somewhere else than on front lawn :smile:

Top Bottom