Vanhawks Valour - first ever connected carbon fibre bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I kinda like it!

Crankarm

Guru
What a load of bollocks. Nothing here that isn't already available. And the advert keeps banging on about staying connected. One of the pleasures of riding a bike is that it is simple and free of the crap they are pushing. It did make me laugh where it states that the handle bars vibrate when there is something such as a close passing car in your blind spot.

Integrated haptic feedback in the handlebar grips alert you by vibrating of any object in your blind spot ensuring your safety so you can ride comfortably.

And the marketing blurb goes on about Gates Carbon belt drive yet all the pics of the bikes show them with chain drive. As I say nothing that isn't already available.

Kookas

Über Member
What a load of bollocks. Nothing here that isn't already available. And the advert keeps banging on about staying connected. One of the pleasures of riding a bike is that it is simple and free of the crap they are pushing.

Perhaps for some, but not everybody wants to get away from technology. Most people I know cycle to beat the traffic, or for the fitness/fun aspect of it. Those sorts of people are the target audience here.

The one in the pictures doesn't appear to have any brakes. That's a bit dangerous, isn't it? I guess it's a good job that it has got all the safety gubbins on it.....

jarlrmai

Veteran
One of the stretch goals is disc brakes and other pictures show a model with rim brakes.

9f13db32bec013e506ec79aba7ad765c_large.jpg

RWright

Guru
:rolleyes:

Ladep Rewop

Not for me, I think it looks ugly and do not like all the electronics etc, bluetooth and leds in the handlebars, just my opinion and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree ........... It must be said I very much doubt I am in their target demographic, I do not own a smart phone and have up to now only bought and ridden steel framed bikes.

Top Bottom