Vapour barrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tripster

find the wooden studs & drill into them. sometimes ppl will mount a board to the wall using the studs, then mount stuff to that board
Before I called it a day tonight I used the screws in the boards and assumed they where the stud wall.....too thin for the clug screws. Can get one in the stud and the other misses. Maximum depth is 40mm before hitting vapour barrier. Found some Rawplugs used for cavities and hollow doors that think will do the trick. It’s only holding a MTB after all

newts

Veteran
Vertical battens should be at 600/400mm centres.
fischer duopower https://www.fischer.co.uk/en-gb/products/innovations/duo-line/duopower
Is a excellent fixing with good load capacity, available from screwfix/toolstation.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Attachments

• 15D4FC6D-448F-42BE-88B5-DEBBD463F7FC.jpeg
    15D4FC6D-448F-42BE-88B5-DEBBD463F7FC.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
T

Tripster

After years of having water leak into garage, canal flood down into one. Damp, everything, even new motorbike had mould and rust appearing it was so damp. I decided to move to a house with integral garage. Takes forever to sort as once I put in racking and wall mounts the wife dumps more shoot and mess that never gets moved

OP
OP
T

Tripster

theres an Ebike missing from that collection lol
Just bought a Mason which is hiding behind motorbike and locked to his stand, skint so no ebike for me

Top Bottom