Vapour barrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drilled a hole in garage wall/boarding. Its an outside wall on New Build. I went a bit too far and caught vapour barrier and nicked it. Will this be ok or does it need a repair ?

OldShep

Über Member
I wouldnt worry and I’d be very surprised if it’s the only bit that has a nick in. I had to puncture mine for every wire feed to socket.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I wouldnt worry and I’d be very surprised if it’s the only bit that has a nick in. I had to puncture mine for every wire feed to socket.
It was a stupid error on my part. I thought wall was just boarded over brick so drill through wood into brick and put clug on wall for bine mount. It wasnt so ended up having to use Grip its to hold it as they need Raw plug and into batton or brick:blush:

probably fine but 1st thought was using a tiny bit of that expanding foam insulation that comes in a can with a straw. insert straw in hole where the puncture is & give it a tiny shot, just the tiniest of shots. that stuff can be messy. at least then you will have made an effort & will sleep at night :okay:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

probably fine but 1st thought was using a tiny bit of that expanding foam insulation that comes in a can with a straw. insert straw in hole where the puncture is & give it a tiny shot, just the tiniest of shots. that stuff can be messy. at least then you will have made an effort & will sleep at night :okay:
I never thought of that. Would need to go get some and remove clug from wall. I will go with the ‘it will be fine’ and drink a beer to help with sleep :rolleyes:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Garage is boarded out, plyboard x2 sheets on batons then gap and vapour barrier. Whats best way to mount stuff to this when I need something able to take some weight ? I put Rawplugs in and they just spin and screw wont tighten up, grip its are better on plasterboard not wood and just a couple of screws is not sufficient

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Or you can get sprung toggles like these. They come in different sizes.
The main disadvantage of them is once they go through into the cavity, that's it. If you have to loosen the screw completely, the toggle drops so you need a new one.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Brilliant on plasterboard, I used them to mount pictures, tv, all sorts and even have a little undercutting tool for double thickness plasterboard to allow wings to open. Not good for plyboard as when you tap them in they have four grooves on front face that cut into plaster. I think an old fella designed them in his garage, when on dragons den and got funding then gave the company and idea to his grandson as he never wanted the cash just to leave something for his grandson:okay:

Top Bottom