1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varicose vein pain (Magic potion required)

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...pleasant subject I know...anyway...since cycling I have noticed these things on my lower left calf on the inside of the leg. I thought it was just age but they are getting worse and hurting a lot. The pain speads right up my leg into the groin area and is worse when sitting down..I read I had to wear a compression sock and hold my leg in the air (which I am told I look stunning doing) however it isnt working to well. So I am thinking it's time to visit the quack, but I am worried he will mention the dreaded O word...(Operation) and I dont want to go through any more of those . Does anybody have a magic answer/cure? I know , it's a shot in dark but I thought I'd ask.

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I can't help, but this may be of some use to you:

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Varicose_veins.html

3. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Get thee to a doc. You really, really, really don't want a varicose vein to burst. Really. It doesn't happen that often but if it does, it can be *serious*. Varicose veins shouldn't be treated lightly, if you see what I mean.