Varifocal cycling sun glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big T

Guru
I’ve had several pairs of prescription sunglasses from Optilabs. I’ve not had varifocal, as I don’t find I need them on the bike, even though I wear them in everyday life. I just order online, send them a copy of my prescription and they send them after a week or so. They do make varifocal sunglasses according to their website. Expect to pay about £190, but they often have a £20 off deal around Christmas time.

https://www.optilabs.com/

vickster

Legendary Member
i used extreme eyewear for single vision Oakleys this time last year. Great service and I got a Black Friday discount. RX sport another option, they have 10% off for BF

none will be cheap if looking at direct glazed sports frames (mine were around £300 but I go for transitions rather than just clear)

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I have some Optilabs varifocal reactolites, I no longer wear them as I have some varifocal sunglasses and some some varifocal reactolites from Specsavers which I find far superior, the sun glasses are sports the reactolites are normal glasses. They were both cheaper than Optilabs.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
I’ve had several pairs of prescription sunglasses from Optilabs. I’ve not had varifocal, as I don’t find I need them on the bike, even though I wear them in everyday life. I just order online, send them a copy of my prescription and they send them after a week or so. They do make varifocal sunglasses according to their website. Expect to pay about £190, but they often have a £20 off deal around Christmas time.

https://www.optilabs.com/

Thanks for that Looks a good option

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
These are not varifocal but are bifocal. Very useful when consulting maps or to see the dashboard when driving:
Currently selling at £43:99. Click here for more info.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not much to add. I have some Optilabs varifocal that are reactolite or whatever it's called.

byegad

Legendary Member
I bought a pair from Vison Express, essentially cycling glasses with a prescription insert. However...... While they were great on the move, as soon as I stopped they steamed up, necessitating removal and thorough cleaning. I tried several solutions of anti-fog but nothing worked.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Optilabs variofocal transitions drivewear.Being drivewear they tint when in the car,standard transitions don’t. I’ve been using Optilabs 10+ years and can’t fault them.Before my prescription became too strong I used Oakley but find Optilabs as good as and cheaper.

T4tomo

Guru
i just wear my regular specsaver varifocal sunnies, but I'm tempted by the Optilabs for more a sports "look" and shape to prevent any "wind around the side" issues.

Top Bottom