Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Downward said:
Will this hurt and how long will I be off the bike for ?!

Best to have it done under a local. That way you can relax the appropriate parts. Under a general they sometimes have to pull them down by force! I got that from the guy who did mine. AFTER I'd plumped for the local.

I had it done at 6pm on Thursday, went to work on Friday and was back on my bike by Sunday. The only real discomfort was the stitch they put in which pulled like hell. It was supposed to melt away on its own but I took it out the following Wednesday night with a pair of tweezers and some nail scissors as it was very uncomfortable. The relief!! I was fine after that.

Funny I should find this topic as I've been thinking about it too;)

karen.488walker

Downward said:
Will this hurt and how long will I be off the bike for ?!

No idea, but my brother had one and didn't wait for the all clear. Now he has 4 kids instead of 2. Dickhead.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
yes it hurts, had it done under local, felt everything, the injections ( they didn`t hit the spot first time :biggrin: ) the pulling and prodding then blood running down leg. Mind you wife was impressed post operation with size of swelling xx(

as for riding a bike, last thing on my mind, walking was hard enough! hmm think mine didn`t go so well...

jeltz

Veteran
Wasn't a cyclist when I had mine and it was uncomfortable rather than painful but local anaesthetic seems to work slowly on me, when I go to the dentist he has to wait longer for it to take effect!

Anyway the surgeon said I had "referred pain" it was a bit like when you get knocked in the knackers you feel it in the pit of your stomach. To be honest it was pretty mild and by the time he had finished it had worn off. Healing was quite quick and the only twinges I had were when I forgot I had had it done and did things like jumping down a 3 foot drop while playing with the kids!

The funny thing was the name of the surgeon that did mine was "Dr Hampton" ;)

Davidc

Guru
Chuffy said:
This all sounds utterly hideous. I'm booked in next month but it's a 'no-incision' procedure. Anyone know much about those?

That's the one using 2 bricks isn't it?

Had the normal one done 28 years ago! In a dentists chair.

Good move - but as someone else has noted make sure you get the tests done before relying on it. I had to have 3 tests (10 weeks wait) before I was safe. I've known two people, both work colleagues, who didn't wait and suffered the consequences (a divorce in one case......).

Top Bottom