Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had this done under a local, wow what an experience ! you can see, and hear whats going on but not feel it, well until the anaesthetic wore off and he saw me flinch when he started cutting !!

Well it was cheaper to go local anaesthetic, and as I was paying, thought I would grin a bare it, and I did get a cup of tea and a custard cream at the end !

Anyway he said not to drive for a few days, I was not cycling then, but I certainly would not get on the bike for 2 weeks, at least until the sticthes are out ! tender is not the word !!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Snip

It varies a lot .Me and a mate both had the snip about the same time. He was back in work after a couple of days,one of mine got infected and I was laid up for two weeks off work and doubt I could have ridden a bike for a month.

I had mine with a local anesthetic but clamped my eyes shut through out the op. Couldnt feel anything but couldnt handle watching someone advancing on my crown jewels with anything sharp:laugh:

dickothedrafter

:smile: Not sure i should have read this, i have been thinking about giving in to the wife's moaning and getting this done for ages now :smile:........

I thought you could get this done free on NHS??;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Downward said:
Will this hurt and how long will I be off the bike for ?!

I can speak from recent experience here having it done 6 weeks ago. No it did not hurt and I was back on the bike after 2 weeks for my first tentative ride. Did 8 hours in the saddle on the weekend just gone with no problems

Just make sure you have plenty of rest in the few days after you have had it done and do not do anything !!

It hurt when I had mine done. I think the SHO was rummaging about wearing boxing gloves.

I didn't ride a bike for more than five years after that. There may have been other factors involved...

ChrisKH

Guru
I took my kids to the park immediately afterwards and was on the bike the next day for my commute. What's wrong with you lot? xx(

It doesn't hurt!

Until the aneasthetic wears off.

After mine the aneasthetic was still keeping things nice and numb so I thought "this is OK" and got my wife to drive me to Blockbusters to get a DVD, parked a fair way away, halfway through my stroll across the car park the aneasthetic wore off, that last 20m took bloddy ages! Moral of the story, stay at home afterwards and get Sky.

Top Bottom