Vasectomy and bike saddles (Mod edited title)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Having decided to go for the snip does it change the style of seat required?
Like to to a short nose seat with a hole for women or just stick to the standard male seat??
:blink:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
:eek: Do you mean vasectomy, by any chance?

CXRAndy

Guru
Having decided to go for the snip does it change the style of seat required?
Like to to a short nose seat with a hole for women or just stick to the standard male seat??
:blink:
You will likely not riding for upto a few weeks post vasectomy :laugh:

Its always advisable to use a centre removed saddle, relieves pressure on the perineum. There are several nerves which can for some become problematic without a cutout saddle :okay:

Owner of Selle Italia Superflow

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well I don't know so asking.
rest assured nothing changes, except you will be no longer loaded with swimmers....

byegad

Legendary Member
Depends how you have it done. I had mine privately under a local on a Thursday evening and was fine, if a little sore from the stitch pulling for a few days. Once I removed the stitch, it was one of those dissolving one, but having checked I was healed on the Tuesday night I used my Swiss army knife scissors to snip it and pull it out, I was out on the bike the next Friday night. My then boss, having been appraised as to why I may be off the day after the surgery was amazed to see me at work and asked me if I'd chickened out.

Nearly everyone I know opted for a general and had real issues. My surgeon had advised a local because 'Then you can properly relax and I don't have to grab them and drag them down to access the Vas.'
My brother in law walked into the house after discharge and promptly fainted onto his front, not doing the lads any good at all! Another friend was practically using a wheelbarrow to carry his spuds for a few days!

OP
OP
Roseland triker

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Seems logical then.
Don't have any kids and don't intend to.
Germ infested vermin they are, schools are a breeding ground for dirty skanks

Top Bottom