vatternrunden 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have managed to get a place on Vatterundan 2020 on the 12th June in Sweden. Its a 315km ride, not a race. 75% of places were allocated within a minute of the registration opening according to the website. That is stunning considering over 20,000 riders rode it last year. But all I needed to enter to register was a pre registration code. Not sure which bike to use but it could be the Brompton 😁👍🇩🇰

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have managed to get a place on Vatterundan 2020 on the 12th June in Sweden. Its a 315km ride, not a race. 75% of places were allocated within a minute of the registration opening according to the website. That is stunning considering over 20,000 riders rode it last year. But all I needed to enter to register was a pre registration code. Not sure which bike to use but it could be the Brompton 😁👍🇩🇰
315 km..... 190ish miles.....easy peasy:rolleyes:

13 rider

Guru
Not sure of the specific law but apparently the police has access to the finishing times and do enforce the 6 hour limit . As you rode 300km through the night it seems sensible not to drive for a while

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
6 hours after finishing what exactly?
6 hours after you pass the finishing line. You carry a timing chip during the race and the local police have access to all the riders data. A few years ago there was a bad accident involving a finished rider and other riders still on the course. A few hours sleep after a 315km ride sounds a good idea to me.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Shame you can't take part on a recumbent. The terrain is perfect for a very fast time, at the flatter end of the spectrum.
But its not a race. Its a social ride. I dont know how safe it would be blatting along as fast as you could go on a recumbent with 20,000+ other riders around you.

Drago

Legendary Member
6 hours after you pass the finishing line. You carry a timing chip during the race and the local police have access to all the riders data. A few years ago there was a bad accident involving a finished rider and other riders still on the course. A few hours sleep after a 315km ride sounds a good idea to me.
It's a shame that they don't fit drink drivers with a chip.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Is that just for that event or does it apply to all rides over a certain distance?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
But its not a race. Its a social ride. I dont know how safe it would be blatting along as fast as you could go on a recumbent with 20,000+ other riders around you.

The website says it is a race. We're not talking an average of 50km/h, just something in the 35-40km/h range. Sure some of the faster uprights won't be far off that. There'll probably be a higher speed differential amongst uprights than the difference between the faster recumbents and faster uprights.

There will be riders blasting around at speed. Adding recumbents wouldn't change that, it'll just raise the maximum averages.

It'd be just as safe as it is now.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The website says it is a race. We're not talking an average of 50km/h, just something in the 35-40km/h range. Sure some of the faster uprights won't be far off that. There'll probably be a higher speed differential amongst uprights than the difference between the faster recumbents and faster uprights.

There will be riders blasting around at speed. Adding recumbents wouldn't change that, it'll just raise the maximum averages.

It'd be just as safe as it is now.
I think something gets lost in translation. It is a recreational ride and not a race.

Top Bottom