vatternrunden 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think something gets lost in translation. It is a recreational ride and not a race.
View attachment 494662

View attachment 494663

Either way, I was talking about doing a good time, not racing. Being faster than others doesn't mean your racing, just that you're faster. In terms of effort the upright riders will be working much harder for less speed as their aerodynamics are rubbish.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Either way, I was talking about doing a good time, not racing. Being faster than others doesn't mean your racing, just that you're faster. In terms of effort the upright riders will be working much harder for less speed as their aerodynamics are rubbish.
Its leisure ride with lots of feed stops. There is no rush. I will possibly be on my Brompton. 😊

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Its leisure ride with lots of feed stops. There is no rush. I will possibly be on my Brompton. 😊

No one is rushing it's just that, on that terrain, you'll go 30% faster on a recumbent for the same effort. It's a natural outcome of an aerodynamic bike and rider. The good time comes from that, not because anyone is in a rush.👍

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
No one is rushing it's just that, on that terrain, you'll go 30% faster on a recumbent for the same effort. It's a natural outcome of an aerodynamic bike and rider. The good time comes from that, not because anyone is in a rush.👍
Well they are not allowed and thats that.

13 rider

Guru
Flights booked arriving Wed making a long weekend off it

13 rider

Guru
I can’t see how it’s the world’s largest bike ride, the New York Five Boro’s is over 30,000 riders.
Yes not sure what they base the claim world's largest recreational ride . I also believe the Cape Argos in South Africa is also bigger in number

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yes not sure what they base the claim world's largest recreational ride . I also believe the Cape Argos in South Africa is also bigger in number
I believe it is “ The Cape Town Cycle Tour, with as many as 35 000 cyclists taking part, is the world's largest individually timed cycle race.”
I’ve ridden both.

13 rider

Guru
Works ok on my android tablet . I think they claim the world's largest recreational ride (ie not a race ) but then the translated text mention the race ! . Whatever the claim it's a massive popular ride

Top Bottom