Vehicular Design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AviationMetalSmith

Hi,
I have photos of some Human Powered Vehicles to share.
Our company name is NFA Vehicles. Each successive new vehicle design receives a number.

I have dug into the archives to get some pictures of Type One, which was an Aluminum cone , as a partial Fairing:

00000014-1.jpg

A lower portion, like a vertical wedge, was added to the bottom, and it was renamed Type 2:

00000015-1.jpg

This was back in 1985.

Then a Mold was made from the Type 2:

00000016-1.jpg

and in turn the Type 3 Fairing was created:
Rear
00000019-1.jpg

Front
00000021-1.jpg

OP
OP
AviationMetalSmith

AviationMetalSmith

00000008-1.jpg
The Type 3 Fairing mounted on a twelve speed , upright, road bike, above.

OP
OP
AviationMetalSmith

AviationMetalSmith

But the Type 4 was based on a BMX bike, for a lower Center of gravity:

00000010-4.jpg

00000011-4.jpg

Around this time, a flyer was issued to tell the public about this new development:

OriginalNFA.jpg

0000000115-54-43.jpg
And then I had the first color printer in America, the Apple Imagewriter, which printed at the highest resolution of 80 dots per inch.

OP
OP
AviationMetalSmith

AviationMetalSmith

Type5MilitaryPoliceBike.jpg
The Type 5 had a Kevlar Fairing, and was painted in camouflage, but was declared "an Experimental Weapon" , which made it against the Geneva Convention to use in battle.
Here's the Type 5, being ridden by my Daughter Mellisa, after it was painted in Navy grey camouflage:
Type5Mellisa.jpg
Type5withPassenger.jpg

Type 6 is the Type 5 with a Roof:
Type6Velomobile.jpg
Type6Velomobile1990.jpg

Now I wait for the forum moderator to clear these photos. Then I will show pictures of Type 7, Type 9, Type Ten and Type Eleven. ( Type 8 was never built) .
Type Eleven wasn't really finished until 2nd September of 2013, like two weeks ago. My Daughter Mellisa designed the Type 9, and helped design the Type 7. The Type 10 and Type Eleven are based on the Type 9.

D

Deleted member 23692

I've just goggled your company, and can across a YouTube vid of the Type 11. I think your market is/will be very finite

classic33

Leg End Member
The Type 5 had a Kevlar Fairing, and was painted in camouflage, but was declared "an Experimental Weapon" , which made it against the Geneva Convention to use in battle.
Here's the Type 5, being ridden by my Daughter Mellisa, after it was painted in Navy grey camouflage:
( Type 8 was never built) .
Type Eleven wasn't really finished until 2nd September of 2013, like two weeks ago. My Daughter Mellisa designed the Type 9, and helped design the Type 7. The Type 10 and Type Eleven are based on the Type 9.

Taken from http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-656809.html
"Type Eleven comes along just in time for the 2011 model year, so I suspect there will be some confusion as to whether the "Eleven" refers to the model number or the year it was introduced?"
Two years difference, how?

OP
OP
AviationMetalSmith

AviationMetalSmith

Good Day Everyone! I am new here at Cyclechat dot net, and I am glad to see my photos have published. I see there are a few questions. NFA Vehicles is a student project, which I started when I was in Engineering School. "NFA might as well stand for "Not Available Vehicles".
I'm glad some of you were able to find "NFA Vehicles" by using a search engine. But you are getting ahead of me. I will upload more photos shortly, please stand by...

Top Bottom