Vehicular Design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But a couple of witty statements that have shut-up the detractors :
"I am promoting an invention , Not selling a bicycle"
"Polypropylene is fifty times cheaper than fiberglass"
"Fiberglass needs to be painted, but with Polypropylene, the color is molded in"

Ok, I fought your corner on building random poorly thought out and designed stuff for fun.

But I do have to address this:
  • This is not an invention. Sorry.
  • Fifty times cheaper than fibreglass? Is that including your tooling costs for your one off prototypes
Also, the sustainability of PP is appalling. It is not a material I'd suggest for manufacturing considering it is still uneconomical to recycle. So ends up in land fill. While fibreglass has recycling issues also, you're only going to be making single quantities. You're not going to be making production quantities that remain unsold and in land fill.

D

Deleted member 26715

But I do have to address this
I think you are taking this far to seriously it's just somebody enjoying themselves

I think many kids used to want to do things like this with their bikes, and it's good to see someone who could cater for that marketplace. I'd agree that kids are becoming too savvy too quick now and are being indoctrinated into chasing brands and gadgets too much, and into competing with their peers in expense.
I hope one day the imagination and wonder comes back and AMS's products get their fair attention.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't know how I missed this thread the first time round but It has bought a smile to my face. Some completely bonkers and crappy looking designs, but look such fun to design, build and look at, though not sure to ride.

Loving it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom