Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
john59 said:
This Muvi video was taken from my handlebars. I would have thought the road vibration would have been more noticeable. Overall I’m impressed with the results you can get from such a small camera. Handlebar Test.

Classic POB riding about 6 minutes in. I take it the wavyness of the picture is a result of the compression needed to upload it.

trickletreat

Veteran
Is the MUV1 the same as the MD80 as sold by dogcamsport?

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Touche said:
Classic POB riding about 6 minutes in. I take it the wavyness of the picture is a result of the compression needed to upload it.

Waveyness? It might be due to the lens, depends what you mean. Certainly if you got your veho and shook it up and down, or were speeding along and pointed the camera to your side trees might start to bend and things.

Certainly all footage on youtube will be compressed to a certain degree so not a 100% representation of what it looks like.

thomas said:
Waveyness? It might be due to the lens, depends what you mean. Certainly if you got your veho and shook it up and down, or were speeding along and pointed the camera to your side trees might start to bend and things.

Certainly all footage on youtube will be compressed to a certain degree so not a 100% representation of what it looks like.

There are times when you are riding along and the whole street view ahead distorts as if seen through moving waves. Either that or I need to take the red pill.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Touche said:
There are times when you are riding along and the whole street view ahead distorts as if seen through moving waves. Either that or I need to take the red pill.

That's probably the cameras. I've not really had any issues with distortion on mine.

NormanD said:
So in the opinion of the guys who own and used one of these MUVI cameras are they buying?

:rolleyes:...I guess you mean worth buying, and I would say yes....but then I like technology and do use it quite a bit.

If I was offered a complete refund on the camera and everything I'd bought for it I would say no thank you - I'll keep the camera :thumbsup:

HobbesChoice

Coincidentally, after reading some posts on here I was looking at discreet cameras (I'm not keen on cycling along with a big bulky camera arm stuck to the side of my head) on amazon, saw the Muvi and decided to see what people on here thought. So, it's likely you're all going to be responsible for my £90 (including accessories) impulse fork out! :blush:

Thanks for the youtube footage. That really helped seeing what it does and how it does it. Also thanks for the tip on the Class 6 card.

My mouse button still regularly hovers over the "Proceed to checkout" button, but I'm sure it won't be long until gravity does it's thing and the camera is on it's way to me! £54.51 with free postage for the camera is outstanding!

zizou

Veteran
HobbesChoice said:
Coincidentally, after reading some posts on here I was looking at discreet cameras (I'm not keen on cycling along with a big bulky camera arm stuck to the side of my head) on amazon, saw the Muvi and decided to see what people on here thought. So, it's likely you're all going to be responsible for my £90 (including accessories) impulse fork out! :blush:

Thanks for the youtube footage. That really helped seeing what it does and how it does it. Also thanks for the tip on the Class 6 card.

My mouse button still regularly hovers over the "Proceed to checkout" button, but I'm sure it won't be long until gravity does it's thing and the camera is on it's way to me! £54.51 with free postage for the camera is outstanding!

im the same :angry:

as usual though when it comes to electronic stuff im always tempted to hold off just a wee bit longer incase a super new version will be out, like a muvi in hd or something :smile:

jann71

Veteran
I've ordered mine from play £55 after watching the youtube videos. Sports pack came today, hope camera comes tomorrow!

RSV_Ecosse

Folks, apologies if it has already been asked but I have a question.

I'm tempted to get one of these little gizmos to use on my commute to work and back.

How many times can the SD card be recorded upon without any issues/loss of quality etc?. I'm asking because if you were going to use it on a commute and back "just in case" of some twat running you off the road so you had footage of any incident that occurred, how many times would the SD card stand up to being recorded on?. I'm generally cycling to work 4 or 5 times a week, which would be 2 hours recorded footage a day on my 36 mile round trip.

x5 recordings a week, would the wee SD card be ok with that?.

UKPhil

helmet mount

Just got the extreme sports pack- fitted the cam to my helmet using the hinged mount and a couple of cable ties as in the pics attached. Very secure.

Top Bottom