Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got it working fine this morning. Footage is pretty good, although I will have to find somewhere else to put it as the top of my bag got in the way a bit (made worse as I had the rain cover on this morning).

Oh and guess what, I caught an incident on it, so when I get a chance I'll post it. Typical! ;)

roggie

ordered one of these today, will let you know when it arrives etc.

Folks,

Check your screws on your cameras. One of mine just above the power switch just came out. Luckily I saw it and managed to screw it back in (it is a very small screw!)

megamega

Been reading this thread with interest. I have been using a tachyon xc now each day for about 8 months. Was going to buy a bunch of new batteries again which would set me back nearly 30 quid. Decided to go buy a muvi because you can recharge it, also the tachyon is pretty useless at night. Seen many vids with night time footage and was impressed. I have posted a few vids of my tachyon on youtube and so might do a comparison. Got the muvi from scan yesterday for £54. Impressed so far, took it out in the car last night and again in good street lighting it's very good. Waiting for my sports pack to arrive so that i can try and attach it to my helmet. Also waiting for the waterproof cover to come out. My Tachyon is totally waterproof so hope the cover is out soon. Also just bought the MD80 version off ebay for £13.50 thought it was worth the gamble to have a backup or another camera for a reverse shot. Will let you know how it goes and post some new footage with the muvi. Look for sallysaile on youtube if your interested in seeing what the Tachyon is like.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
Folks,

Check your screws on your cameras. One of mine just above the power switch just came out. Luckily I saw it and managed to screw it back in (it is a very small screw!)

'cos you bought the fake one :biggrin:;)

My helmet mount seemed a little loose the other day so I've got a bit of bluetac on it too as a back up :thumbsup:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Tollers said:
Can i see a few pics of how you mounted it to the helmet. I havent tested mine yet, but worried that it will be pointing to the sky

Tollers

I don't have any but when the attachment is on the camera would be pointing to the sky. You can pull the attachment out to angle it correctly.

This means you don't have the mount sticking up in the air all the time (Just when using the camera).

Mine is in the middle, nearer the front of my helmet...it'll be fine Tollers :biggrin:

megamega said:
Been reading this thread with interest. I have been using a tachyon xc now each day for about 8 months. Was going to buy a bunch of new batteries again which would set me back nearly 30 quid. Decided to go buy a muvi because you can recharge it, also the tachyon is pretty useless at night. Seen many vids with night time footage and was impressed. I have posted a few vids of my tachyon on youtube and so might do a comparison. Got the muvi from scan yesterday for £54. Impressed so far, took it out in the car last night and again in good street lighting it's very good. Waiting for my sports pack to arrive so that i can try and attach it to my helmet. Also waiting for the waterproof cover to come out. My Tachyon is totally waterproof so hope the cover is out soon. Also just bought the MD80 version off ebay for £13.50 thought it was worth the gamble to have a backup or another camera for a reverse shot. Will let you know how it goes and post some new footage with the muvi. Look for sallysaile on youtube if your interested in seeing what the Tachyon is like.

Welcome megamega! :biggrin:

I've left a wee comment on one of your videos! :thumbsup:

megamega

Thanks for the comments magnatom, all taken on board. Took the camera out in the car again today, in daylight, very impressed and on a par with the tachyon. Looking forward to see what it will be like on the bike tomorrow once i have figured out where best to mount it. I had an issue with the VOX not working originally it would go in standby and never come out of it no matter how loud a noise there was. I had to press the record button again to get it to record. Somehow seems ok now. Like eveyone else who bought one, the 2GB card is useless, stutters more than norman collier.

jeltz

Veteran
Well I've got mine through now, one of these and a 4gb micro SDHC taken it for a spin or 2 today and quite pleased not I've sorted it so that it doesn't wobble much. Slightly annoying date stamp but at <£14 delivered (excluding the card) I'm still happy.

One thing though it came with a UK plug to usb adapter and I'm sure I hear a pop within in (capacitor?) so I binned it but charging from a Motorola phone charger works.

jonstokes

I've got a ContourHD, its a pretty good piece of kit. The sample video's are slightly better than my real life results. I got a big SD card from ebuyer when I bought mine as this was the cheaper route forward. Looking forward to the start of the snowboarding season.

Jon

Top Bottom