Velomobile causing a stir in Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
amazing how many people have spotted it, and yet said "its easy to miss" and "i could have driven over it":laugh::wacko::laugh:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
What ridiculous reactions and reporting: “it's understood the driver - a woman from Germany - is deliberately taking her bright green mode of transport round the whole of Scotland.”

’Deliberately’?

Doesn’t everyone use their chosen mode of transport deliberately? Maybe she’s deliberately spending her cash here as a welcome tourist.

Then there’s the bit: “motorists feared it was so small they could have "driven over it".” It’s so unusually visible that people from Eaglesham, Lanark, Arran, Kilmarnock, Douglas, Tighnabruaich, and Ardrishaig have reported it so it’s probably a lot safer to ride than a standard bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This bit got me:

What's with the 'despite their petite size' statement?

There are complaints galore whenever a group of cyclists take up as much space on the road as a van, and now people seem to be complaining that this cycle is too small ...

It's bigger than my road bike ! :laugh:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Has anyone written to the newspaper to ask why their reporting is so bad?

I like the very self assured and "knowledgeable" comment...

"They normally have a flag but I guess she thought she was visible enough with the acid green!"

Have you seen a velomobile with a flag? I'd have thought they'd defeat the object of aerodynamics. Confidently wrong!

Top Bottom