Velomobile causing a stir in Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If people can’t see a 2 metre long condom doing 30 mph, then they need to go to Barnard Castle.

fixedfixer

Veteran
A couple of years back when I was in the Western Isle I met a German couple who were touring with their VM’s. The guy was happy enough to let me have a test run in his. Brilliant, wicked, ace and for once the word awesome was appropriate. If you get a chance try one.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice I guess to see such a fantastic creation recognised in the public consciousness, but the quality of the article is pretty dire.

Ostensibly it presents as a light-hearted observational piece, while beneath the surface smacks of misunderstanding (why would some mental German woman want to drive this weird contraption around this area that presumably makes a lot of its money from tourism?) and tacit disapproval.

It also seemingly legitimises the usual lack of concern ("we nearly ran it over, chortle") and prejudices ("we wondered if it'd stop at the lights") as well as the "legal dispite its diminutive size" - I guess because it looks like a car, but what does the size really have to do with anything?

Meh - I hope its pilot gets back to the vastly superior cycling infrastructure of her home country intact!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If there is a chance you are going to run over a bright green velomobile. You must be clinically blind. When I had my bike my biggest danger was drivers slowing down to look at me. You cannot miss them. Awful reporting.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
How pathetic, I actually had to stop reading that article, but as others have said, it IS in 'The Record', the paper most knuckle draggers in west central Scotland read, along with the Scum... I mean Sun.

Last edited:

byegad

Legendary Member
Not a velomobile, but on my Catrike Trail, I once have a guy pass me stop, on the brow of a hill and walk back to tell me he couldn't see me 'down there! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

grldtnr

Not a velomobile, but on my Catrike Trail, I once have a guy pass me stop, on the brow of a hill and walk back to tell me he couldn't see me 'down there! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Least he had the good sense to stop on the brow of the hill , to tell you his inadequatsies.

Top Bottom