VELOTHON BERLIN (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Velothon Berlin

Didn't get into Ride London this year (MrsP did - I did it for the last fours years), we are doing this ride in Berlin, closed roads too.

Anyone else?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I haven't ridden it but I saw part of it last year. Very fast and aggressive. I witnessed a couple of spills, too.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am very tempted as I have a suitably sized friend in Berlin who has better bikes than me. I could pop over for the weekend.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Jeez, minimum required average speeds for the 60, 120 and 180km event are 23, 26 and 35(!!!!) km/h

"Participants who cannot keep the average speed must give up the race"

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Jeez, minimum required average speeds for the 60, 120 and 180km event are 23, 26 and 35(!!!!) km/h

"Participants who cannot keep the average speed must give up the race"

Wow - I was proposing the 180km to my friend. I think I will have to revise that to the 120 as there is not a cat in hells chance of me averaging 21.75 mph, never mind a food stop

i did it last year. it was very flat and fast.
my normal average speed is about 16 mph. But for the berlin velothon my average was 23 mph! you just get swept along with the large groups.
there were a couple of crashes that i saw.. but on the whole it was a good event. i've signed up again for this year.

Top Bottom