Veneto frame rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks for that.....now l have a new project, find me an old Bottecchia or even just a badge ! l am just a sucker for Italian vehicles (of any type)! Design, flair, style call it what you like l love it .

I agree completely, I am a total sucker for the Italian flourishes seen on old steel bikes, and Italian design in general. @biggs682's seat cluster thread shows some great ones, and there could be a similar thread for rear brake bridges, why have function when you can have function and beauty.

Funnily enough, I had no plans to get any more bikes, but I'm such a sucker I've recently broken a number of my own rules to get a frame I think is a bit of a rough Italian diamond. Bought from half way round the world, dented top tube not photographed properly, so I don't even now if its ride-able, scraped paint, seller did'nt do returns, etc....it could be a complete disaster, and already it looks like being my most punt-iest of punts. But it could also be a gem of a find. I won't say any more until I get my paws on it and see it in the flesh, which is an agonising 1-3 week wait. Only then will I know if its a go-er, and then the process of buying all the parts to adorn it begins. Excited and terrified in equal measure:hyper::unsure:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Funnily enough, I had no plans to get any more bikes, but I'm such a sucker I've recently broken a number of my own rules to get a frame I think is a bit of a rough Italian diamond. Bought from half way round the world, dented top tube not photographed properly, so I don't even now if its ride-able, scraped paint, seller did'nt do returns, etc....it could be a complete disaster, and already it looks like being my most punt-iest of punts. But it could also be a gem of a find. I won't say any more until I get my paws on it and see it in the flesh, which is an agonising 1-3 week wait. Only then will I know if its a go-er, and then the process of buying all the parts to adorn it begins. Excited and terrified in equal measure:hyper::unsure:

that's sounds like a nightmare fingers crossed it wont be in the end

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@biggs682 :laugh: thanks, it wasn't a lot so the cash risk not so high, its the wait that's already killing me. Fingers crossed indeed, he who dares Rodders^_^

Sorry didn't mean to hijack @woodbutcher thread. I'll do a thread for mine when it comes, lets hope it can be a fully functioning bike project and not just a wall hanger.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
@biggs682 :laugh: thanks, it wasn't a lot so the cash risk not so high, its the wait that's already killing me. Fingers crossed indeed, he who dares Rodders^_^

Sorry didn't mean to hijack @woodbutcher thread. I'll do a thread for mine when it comes, lets hope it can be a fully functioning bike project and not just a wall hanger.
l dont mind being hijacked once in a while (somewhat worryingly the auto spell thing on my computer insisted that l meant hijab, just did it again~)
l followed you suggestions and also lowered the bars as far down as they would go. When all is said and done l am really having a good time with this rebuild and l wish you the best with yours !! Here are a few more photos of mine after this mornings work.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 42

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^ about auto-correct. I think that's what Trump's advisers must be trying to blame on his tweets:laugh:

Obviously the proof in the better position is in the riding, but your bike looks lots better already:okay:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
^_^ about auto-correct. I think that's what Trump's advisers must be trying to blame on his tweets:laugh:

Obviously the proof in the better position is in the riding, but your bike looks lots better already:okay:
Yep already taken it for a quick blast, very exciting :wacko: and more than a touch scary . I recon it will take more than auto-correct to put that fellow right :crazy:

davidphilips

Veteran
l dont mind being hijacked once in a while (somewhat worryingly the auto spell thing on my computer insisted that l meant hijab, just did it again~)
l followed you suggestions and also lowered the bars as far down as they would go. When all is said and done l am really having a good time with this rebuild and l wish you the best with yours !! Here are a few more photos of mine after this mornings work.

Really like the triple groupset, makes a nice change from the run of mill set up.

Top Bottom