Veneto frame rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Well l still haven't finished this little project which started in January but lm not far off ....before and after photos.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 2018-06-01 15.30.04.jpg
    2018-06-01 15.30.04.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 51

alicat

Legendary Member
Nice colour!

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I preferred the multiple colours one being honest .
Honesty is best policy Mr B. :smile:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
It was more the angle of the bars I meant rather than the deepness of the drop. The end of the bars are pointing to the crank so are not far of vertical so it kooks like you'd have to grip it fairly tight to avoid the feeling of sliding off the end, that's what I meant. If you angled it more so they are pointing towards the rear brake bridge it looks like you'd be able to rest/support yourself on the drops rather than have to grip/hold on to them. Once you've done that though you then realise the hoods have moved, and may not be in a comfortable position and need to be moved, which is a pain as you have to unwrap the tape before you can move them....we've all done it^_^. Obviously that's just my interpretation from the pics.

Incidentally what was the Veneto again, was that the builder, was there not a Veneto associated with Bottecchia?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
It was more the angle of the bars I meant rather than the deepness of the drop. The end of the bars are pointing to the crank so are not far of vertical so it kooks like you'd have to grip it fairly tight to avoid the feeling of sliding off the end, that's what I meant. If you angled it more so they are pointing towards the rear brake bridge it looks like you'd be able to rest/support yourself on the drops rather than have to grip/hold on to them. Once you've done that though you then realise the hoods have moved, and may not be in a comfortable position and need to be moved, which is a pain as you have to unwrap the tape before you can move them....we've all done it^_^. Obviously that's just my interpretation from the pics.

Incidentally what was the Veneto again, was that the builder, was there not a Veneto associated with Bottecchia?
I understand what you are saying and to be honest l hadn't given much thought to what would be the best option for the position of the bars. I will alter the angle as you suggest and see how it feels. I don't mind unwrapping the tape because l didn't finish them off properly ...just wrapped the excess round itself and stuck on a bit of electricians tape to keep it in place. I would say that l recon to spend 90% of the time with my hands on the hoods though rather than on the drops, just habit l guess.
All l can tell you about Veneto is that the rear dropouts are stamped Veneto and the frame came with a veneto decal. Actually Veneto is simply the name of the region immediately round Venice so l don't know where that signifies re. the frame. The Bottecchia connection is with the word Vento and may be because "vento" is Italian for wind so l guess the implication could be "as fast as the wind" l stand ready to be shot down over this though:smile:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ha I am clueless, I just looked and that's what I remembered it from, the old Bottecchia head badges had 'Vittoria Veneto', see here, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bottecchia+headbage&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB798GB798&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=x0eQ9NAfb3zp0M%3A%2CpopcWq5s2fqMRM%2C_&usg=__kk4mWplTjl4j7Nh1h2ezy23_IAA=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikzcuQx7nbAhVNTcAKHY9MDHkQ9QEIOTAD#imgrc=ca2shPGCqWOEyM:

I had assumed that was a person^_^ but you're right its a region:blush:, and I'm sure great riding around there.

Sounds like it rides good though, as you ride more you'll tweak it and dial in the positioning. Of course where you ride 90% of the time is the most important position to be comfortable, but you will be able to maintain the hood position you want, but also have a better position for that other 10% of the time. Enjoy the summer riding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ha I am clueless, I just looked and that's what I remembered it from, the old Bottecchia head badges had 'Vittoria Veneto', see here, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bottecchia+headbage&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB798GB798&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=x0eQ9NAfb3zp0M%3A%2CpopcWq5s2fqMRM%2C_&usg=__kk4mWplTjl4j7Nh1h2ezy23_IAA=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikzcuQx7nbAhVNTcAKHY9MDHkQ9QEIOTAD#imgrc=ca2shPGCqWOEyM:

I had assumed that was a person^_^ but you're right its a region:blush:

Sounds like it rides good though, as you ride more you'll tweak it and dial it the fit and positioning, happy riding.
Thanks for that.....now l have a new project, find me an old Bottecchia or even just a badge ! l am just a sucker for Italian vehicles (of any type)! Design, flair, style call it what you like l love it .

Top Bottom