Venom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hi,
This is going to seem a bit weird but my dad made this bike. I came across this chat looking for photos of bikes from his old company - Venom.

I can see you've already altered the bike but if you would still like to know anything I can ask for you :smile:
I'm sure the guys and also myself would love some info on the company, like when did it start, what type and how many bikes it made etc.
What a piece of luck you find I this thread.

OP
OP
mikeymustard
Hi,
This is going to seem a bit weird but my dad made this bike. I came across this chat looking for photos of bikes from his old company - Venom.

I can see you've already altered the bike but if you would still like to know anything I can ask for you :smile:
Hello @sadienorman, thanks for responding to this thread. I've tried searching for info about the bike/company/builder etc. and as you've discovered, there's very little info out there. I've found a couple of mountain bikes, a cyclocross or two and a bonkers lo-pro that's found its way to the States. When I first got the bike back in September I thought I'd found a link to a possibly extant cycle shop but i can't see that now. Oh and I learned your dad was called Matt!
Anything you can tell us about your dad and the bikes he built would be appreciated. This would serve, not only for my own enjoyment but as a useful resource for anyone coming across this marque in the future :smile:

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi,

Wow what an offer , i am sure loads of us would love to hear some tales from your dad re his bike building days

Hi All; I wonder if sadienorman or anyone else for that matter has any information on my bike. I also have a Venom from Sabre Racing Cycles, there is no name on the bottom bracket but there are 2 numbers: 10-87 & 256AL58. It is also the largest frame I have come across, the seat tube measures just under 67cm c-t.

Hi kids, I have a couple of Venom bikes and was interested to find out something about the marque. I’m in touch with Sadie via email and will pass on all I learn.
Her Dad was Venom originally and is now in Australia, still making frames by hand apparently!
Give me some time and I’ll be back, hopefully with the whole story.
Dave M

Simplex

Regular
Hello all, I would be more than happy to get any information about Venom and the people behind...

20190120_154913.jpg

Simplex

Regular
Thank you. I was lucky to get it this beauty. I will change the handle bar and saddle when I have found proper parts to underline its fury... ;-)

Are there any information from Venom?

BackPedlar

Hi All,

They are both lovely bikes. I have a Venom racing cycle that was ex-Matt Norman, he'd built it for himself to go time trialling but had just made a new frame and fork out of Columbus EL, if memory serves, so was selling his old one. I bought it from a clearance list direct from his factory unit in Birmingham as I didn't live far away then. This was around 1994 and I built it up with Chorus 8spd - I still have the bike in it's original paint and groupset, but it's had a few knocks since then! I raced it for a season in France, and am still to ride a better frame....
One of my other bikes is a Sabre by Venom track bike - sadly, I do not know the tubeset used in this, but it does have some Cinelli lugs..
I'll post some pictures when I can.
I did have an email address of a guy who claimed to have been a (the?) frame painter there, but so far I haven't contacted him, maybe now I'll find the courage!

Top Bottom