1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venturing further afield

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Speicher, 28 Apr 2008.

1. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral

Following Admin's very polite request yesterday, I ventured into some parts of the forum that I do not normally frequent.

First I tried the Racing Section. There appeared to be no-one around. I made sure that I was able to get a good overview and knew that I might have to wait around a bit for some action. After a while there was an increasing hissing/whirring noise. Suddenly about 30 new posters appeared at once, they sped by in seconds, and it went quiet again.

I then moved on to Mountain Biking. This was quite hard work, thinking about the best way forward. Not being used to the inclinations of the section, I found it a bit tricky, even trickier as it reached the top. Then somehow everything went down hill from then on.

I hope other people followed Admin's suggestion, but I am wondering how they found the different Sections, especially the one on Tour.

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I was impressed that you knew about the black jersey for the Giro!
    That's more than I knew!

3. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

I'm still struggling to move out of the T thread - never mind cafe xx( :angry:

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I went into Tour, but it's full of old beardy blokes bladdered on real ale, rolling around in the sawdust while listening to Mike Harding on Radio 2.

5. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

You sure it was Real Ale? I demand a proper blood sample :angry:

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I popped into fixed and singlespeed. They threw me out because I didn't have the right look. Apparently there were the wrong number of twists in my shoelaces.

7. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I had a look in 'Stolen Bikes' but all the good ones were gone! :angry:

8. yello

yello Guru

I don't look at the forum names, I just read threads that interest me.