Verbal Abuse and then Driven At

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Me too! I want to see the clip!

I hope the cops throw the book at him! What an idiot. :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It was lucky you had the cam - If someone had tried to drive at me like that deliberately, I would have lost it - probably would have thrown the MTB through his window....or at very least kicked the front of the car/van in....then dragged him out and made a citizens arrest...

Danny

Legendary Member
AndyB said:
I popped into the station today and explained what had happened.

Initially it was the usual case of "well we can make an allegation of bad driving but without a witness..."

I said I have the whole thing on video if that helps.

The mood quickly became more positive and he said he would talk to one of his colleagues and that I should receive a phone call later today.

I will keep you guys updated.

You may need to be pretty forceful to get the police to take any action, as they currently give traffic offences are relatively low priority compared to other forms of crime - notably so called anti-social behaviour.

Personally I think what happened to you is as bad, or worse, than a lot of stuff that is deemed to be anti-social behaviour.

02GF74

Über Member
If you hadn't reported that, I would have come round your house andf kicked yo ass so hard the next lunar landing would be picking bits off it.

Anyway, don't accept any BS from the police - you have the evidence mkae the complaint.

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

Dannyg said:
You may need to be pretty forceful to get the police to take any action, as they currently give traffic offences are relatively low priority compared to other forms of crime - notably so called anti-social behaviour.

Personally I think what happened to you is as bad, or worse, than a lot of stuff that is deemed to be anti-social behaviour.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything from them yet.
I intend to call in again after work and speak to someone.
As of yet they haven't actually seen the footage.
I will keep on at them.
They have been pretty good in the past with this kind of thing.

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

Just called in Staines Police Station and the desk officer said she had no idea who I had spoken to this morning, knew nothing more and advised me to continue waiting for someone to call me.

I will give them the rest of tonight and go round there again tomorrow and start making more of a fuss.

snorri

Legendary Member
AndyB said:
Just called in Staines Police Station and the desk officer said she had no idea who I had spoken to this morning, knew nothing more and advised me to continue waiting for someone to call me.
They might well have lost your initial complaint, happened to me once, if you have to give the whole story again, ask for an Incident Number.;)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Think there was one on here or bikeradar, where plod had managed to lose the entire thing, even tho' they'd attended. Witness statements the lot.

Wonder what happened to that one....

yenrod

>Stubborn cyclist mode kicks in and I don't flinch even though he stops about 6 inches from my back wheel.

Got to give it to you for holding your ground !!!

Though as much as he was the problem dont let your health be put down for the sakes of getting one up !!!

Top Bottom