Verbal Abuse and then Driven At

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

another_dave_b

I don't get it. What crime is this driver supposed to have committed?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
another_dave_b said:

Off the top of my head, dangerous driving?
theres an assault charge that can be levied purely for threat?
Action likely to cause a breach of the peace?

sure someone'll add to this

softpeadals

another_dave_b said:

He was a naughty little boy who shouted at a cyclist who didn't have the common sense or the self preservation instinct to ignore him.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
softpeadals said:
He was a naughty little boy who shouted at a cyclist who didn't have the common sense or the self preservation instinct to ignore him.

*rolls eyes* at you and another_dave_b. Even just from Andy's description, it's obvious this is a driver who shouldn't be on the road, and shouldn't be threatening other road users with a lethal weapon.

U

User482

softpeadals said:

If he'd fired a gunshot just missing AndyB's head, would you be saying that it was AndyB's fault because he didn't dive for cover?

You silly man.

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

I'm going to pop in to the station again today and see if they will at least have a look at the clip and see what they think.

The vid is already on youtube, just marked as private at the moment.
It's hard to see how close he gets on the video but you can see him steer away from me at the last second.

Tynan

Veteran
cracking, I remember as clear as a bell the emphasis on making a U turn safely from my various instructors

'the most potentially dangerous manouvre you'll ever make on the road' as I recall

what car is he in? is it some sort of sports car?

what a cock

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

yenrod said:
>Stubborn cyclist mode kicks in and I don't flinch even though he stops about 6 inches from my back wheel.

Got to give it to you for holding your ground !!!

Though as much as he was the problem dont let your health be put down for the sakes of getting one up !!!

Yeah, tell me about it. I think it is the boxing training kicking in. I really should try to develop my diving for cover instinct instead of bracing for impact as I seem to do! It doesn't really work against a vehicle. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What a fool - his reg plate is illegal - see where the white bolt cover is placed on his 8, making it look like an E.

There are side streets there, why the hell did he not turn into them, then turn round....

Also, chav man - fog lights on with no fog - police will remind him about that - it's illegal to drive with them on I think when not foggy -

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

fossyant said:
What a fool - his reg plate is illegal - see where the white bolt cover is placed on his 8, making it look like an E.

Also, chav man - fog lights on with no fog - police will remind him about that - it's illegal to drive with them on I think when not foggy -

I'm sure they can have some fun with this guy.

Anyhow I'm just back from the Police station. She reluctantly gave up fobbing me off and I spoke to their crime reporting room via telephone.

I explained what had happened, time, place, reg no, type of car. I told them I had video footage. She told me to hold the line while she asked a colleague and then took the rest of my details. She then said the front desk officer would need me to fill out some forms after speaking with her.

So at least I have an incident number now and I just have to pop back on Wednesday when the guy I originally spoke to is back. Suddenly she knows his name and what days he works!....

Much happier now the wheels are finally in motion. ;)

Top Bottom